Breaking Dawn FINALLY Confirmed as 2 Movies

June 10, 2010

breaking-dawn-coverEverybody’s known for a while now that The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn would be split into two films, but Summit Entertainment has “officially” refused to confirm the news — until today:

SUMMIT ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN TO BE RELEASED AS TWO SEPARATE FILMS

First Film to Arrive in Theatres November 18, 2011

Los Angeles, CA, June 10, 2010 – Summit Entertainment confirmed today that THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN will be released as two separate films with the first of the two slated to be released in theatres on November 18, 2011. Academy Award® winner Bill Condon will direct both films starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner along with Billy Burke as Charlie Swan as well as returning members of the Cullen Family including Peter Facinelli as Carlisle, Elizabeth Reaser as Esme, Jackson Rathbone as Jasper, Nikki Reed as Rosalie, Ashley Greene as Alice and Kellan Lutz as Emmett.

It goes on to say that filming will start in the fall.  If I had to guess, they’ll shoot both movies back to back, and Part 2 will be released in June 2012.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to “Breaking Dawn FINALLY Confirmed as 2 Movies”

1. Avelina Tatom Says:

Take pleasure in your amazing article. Really helpful along with The spouse and i loved reading through it along with your various other content articles. Many thanks discussing along with keep on the great perform.

2. dd Says:

I’m really exited for this movie to come out I hope it will be as fascinating as the book I’m in sixth grade right now…so I just looked up the 2011 calendar and when I stopped at November 18,2011 It’s on a Friday!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!yay!yay!yay! I was totally concerned if it was going to be on like on a school day like Monday or Wednesday….and that’s when I’ll be and eighth grader and I’ll be able to see on a Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God I looked up the 2011 calendar

THX SUMMIT

3. sophia douka Says:

i am really excited. breaking dawn is my most favorite book of all. in no other book or film you get the things you desire for the characters as you do in this. i trust Bill Condon as i can see the results of his previous work in dreamgirls. but i still have my demands that have to do with the private moments of bella and edward on the island and generally with their whole relationship that in the movies still isn’t the same as the books. as for renesmee i disagree when it comes to computer creations. there must be a girl that matches the character of renesmee and play it good. dacota was very young when she first appeared on screen. have a good start and good luck Bill Condon.

4. alex Says:

Its cool, i’m so excited for the reunion of vampires in cullens house and together facing the volturi to save renesmee that’s awsome by all the vampires and all the cast together.

I can’t wait. Next year

5. jelly Says:

OMG!!!!! i’m sooo happy!!!!! Breaking Dawn is my favorite book so im sooo happy!! this movie will be the best hopefully!!!! i wonder who will play Renesmee?!

6. Cilla Says:

Ummmm…. who will play RENESMEE?? I really want to know because i have no idea who could play her!

7. JM Says:

Please NO 3D………

8. jasmine Says:

Ahhh finally some more good news!!!! at least we know the relese date!!

9. arizona Says:

I am so so happy and screaming right now i am glad they finally made it official November 18 th 2011.That is a long time between movies but worth the wait Good luck Bill Condon.