Melissa Rosenberg: ‘Not All of the Fans will be Happy’

March 22, 2010

twilight-saga-eclipse-edward-bella-new-photoMelissa Rosenberg, screenwriter of all the Twilight Saga movies, attended the New Moon DVD release party in Seattle on Friday night and fielded some questions on how Breaking Dawn is going.

It’s the big one, it’s gonna be a big challenge, and I guarantee you that not all of the fans will be happy, and I guarantee you some of them will be.  You have to give up the ideal of making everybody happy, it’s just not gonna happen, but you hope you make the majority happy. Again, for that last book it is about taking that specific character Bella on her journey. It’s a big journey, it’s a massive change for her, and you hope to realize that.

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “Melissa Rosenberg: ‘Not All of the Fans will be Happy’”

1. annamorphos Says:

Summit is only interested in filling two hours with shirtless guys and makeout sessions. Where is the story that I fell in love with?!?!

2. annamorphos Says:

Not all the fans will be happy? How about barely ANY of the fans are happy! After New Moon, the true fans (not the ones out for Rob and Taylor only) were ticked off! I know I left the movie theater extremely disappointed. It’s like I said before, Melissa Rosenberg was hired for the price and NOT the experience.
    I don’t want to see sex in Breaking Dawn, but I want to see a darker film than these little teeny bopper jokes that I’ve had to sit through. Come on MRosenberg, earn your money!

3. susan kelley Says:

Maybe Summit should replace Melissa Rosenberg, find someone who can be true to the books and fans. Everything seems to be only about the money, what happened to the art of telling the story as it was so beautifully written. We as fans should be able to make a stand on this issue. We have all spent countless dollars, stood in endless lines, attended any event to show support, waited for movies to open, only to be disappointed. This is an epic love story , grandmothers, mothers, fathers, daughters and sons have all been touched by this saga so please Summit do the story justice. If it is to much for Melissa Rosenberg to get it right ,please don’t sacrifice the story, get a professional who can .

4. TGM Says:

I believe the NM movie made everyone happy! It ranks at #33 in all time box office take (excluding inflation). If she doesn’t think she can make everyone happy writing the script for BD, maybe we need a new screenwriter! Just a thought…

5. APATHY Says:

WELL CRAP…I’M NOT EXACTLY SURE HOW TO TAKE THAT. IT COULD EITHER BE REALLY GOOD…OR REALLY…REALLY BAD. HMMM.

6. Hailey Nelson Says:

If you don’t make breaking dawn, everyone will be unhappy. Considering that you made twilight, new moon, and eclipse, it would be pointless if you don’t make breaking dawn. It’s a waste and usually when people chant at the end of movies for the next sequel, it should get you going and start right there to get it done as best you can to make it a sucsses and satisfy everyone.