Should Breaking Dawn Go 3D?

February 17, 2010

edward-bella-running-new-moonAvatar did it.  Harry Potter is going to do it.  The new Spider-Man will probably do it too.

But should the two Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn movies go 3D?

The thing is, usually 3D is done to serve really big effects or battles — and all the really big battles happen in Eclipse, not Breaking Dawn.  And some of the smaller character moments — I’m thinking specifically of all of Bella and Edward’s alone time — wouldn’t seen to benefit from going 3D.

That said, when done right, 3D can be a great help to a movie.  It’s also a way for it to earn some extra cash, since 3D tickets are often higher-priced than regular tickets.  What do you think?

, , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “Should Breaking Dawn Go 3D?”

1. Kelsey LaShea Owens Says:

i believe that it would be nice to have 3D on some parts of the movie….but not the birth and the sweet and nice times that Bella and Edward spend talking and stuff….it would be okay and not so okay to me….but right now i don’t care because im dying for it to come out already lol

2. kelsey Says:

i believe it will be a good movie with it but your right the little scenes with Edward and Bella alone shouldn’t be 3D but who knows and to be honest i don’t care because im dying for it to hurry up and come out already….

3. Twilightfan1985 Says:

Omg. A 3-D birth? Ummmm…gross! It’s already disturbing enough to watch…and it ain’t pretty or exciting really…(i should know i’ve been through it.) There really isn’t anything in Breaking Dawn that warrants 3-D. And i think they should do the movie in 2 parts…and not make it PG-13! I mean what are they going to do to Stephanie’s story? I have a really bad feeling that it’s going to be like the story is a cow and it just got sent to the slaughter house.

4. tonya Says:

Absolutely not! I think making the movie 3D would be a bad idea. In my opinion I think it will take away from the story. yes, some scenes such as the battle scene would be awesome but then the rest of the movie would have to be 3D as well. Also having it in 2 parts would be great because that would mean that they would not have to cut the story down quite as much and it means we can prolong the end of the series.

5. ashlee Says:

noooooo keep the movie that way it is normal 3D would just ruin it just leave it

6. Rose Says:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be stupid. I think it would be weird there wouldnt be that much to be 3D. I say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. selena Says:

YES!!!!YES!!!!YES!!!!YES!!!!YES!!!!YES!!!!YES!!!!YES!!!! it will be great specially in the alone time YES!!!!YES!!!!YES!!!!

8. twilight&fallen Says:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!! I think it is totally pointless and I have many friends that agree. It could end up destroying the movie… because to actually come up with awesome 3D parts they would need to venture away (more so than usual) from the book.

9. Len Says:

OH YES DEFFINETLY IT WOULD BE GREATT!!!