Get ready for some big twists, turns and reveals on tonight’s brand new episode of “The Vampire Diaries.”
In “The Killer,” Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Klaus (Joseph Morgan) form an uneasy alliance to try and contain the danger that Connor (guest star Todd Williams) has unleashed on the town. When Connor takes Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen), Matt (Zach Roerig) and April (guest star Grace Phipps) hostage at the Grill, Stefan and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) have a serious disagreement about the best course of action, and Elena (Nina Dobrev) is again caught between the two brothers. The situation quickly turns violent when Klaus sends one of his hybrids, Dean (guest star Blake Hood, “The Young and the Restless”) to stand up to Connor. Caroline (Candice Accola) is surprised to find Hayley (guest star Phoebe Tonkin) at the Lockwood mansion. Meanwhile, Professor Shane (guest star David Alpay) works with Bonnie (Kat Graham) to help her get past her fear and guilt.
We had the chance to screen the episode early and picked out 5 things to look out for. Be warned, SPOILERS might be ahead!
1. Elena will start to come to terms (sort of) with her being a vampire and she is tired of being the victim. She will begin to take matters into her own hands, for better or for worse. Writer Michael Narducci said of the episode and Elena, “I don’t want her to be a damsel in distress. I want her to go out and protect her brother. They’re all these things that we thought – if Jeremy’s in jeopardy…and Matt, who’s her high school sweetheart, is in jeopardy – what’s Elena going to do. Is she going to wait for all these other people to get involved and save them for her or will she get involved and do something. I thought there were some key moments in this episode that I really loved like when she turns to Damon and says “I’m a monster, too.” She is now…She’s dangerous.”
2. Damon & Stefan will have quite the rollercoaster ride with their relationship. Things blow up but there is also a very touching moment between the two of them. Julie Plec told us at the screening, “I love that moment. It makes me so happy. I love it when those boys are together and they’re working on the same team. We will continue to hope and pray that they’ll be able to find those moments with each other all season long. There’s going to be a lot conspiring against them as really all the after shocks of the events of this episode start to do their damage.”
3. Jealous Caroline finally confronts Tyler about Hayley. She learns the truth but will she believe it? Let’s just say a big storyline is brewing for Tyler.
4. Professor Shane and Bonnie will have a connection and he will help her rediscover her magic, but is it really for Bonnie or all part of his master plan? Julie said, “Well I think it’s a good question because on one hand there’s this mentor that’s appearing in her life just as she’s going through this dark place where she feels that she’s lost connection to her magic…here’s this very wise, very bright, very connected professor who’s saying to her “let me teach you how to get back in touch with who you really are.” So there’s an allure to that that’s really great. Unfortunately, as we’ve already seen, he does have an alternate agenda that he’s hiding. We just don’t know if it’s in her best interests or not. A lot of that will start coming to light during the next chapter as well.”
5. We will start to learn more about April and her possible connections to certain people. “When all said and done, April is our vessel to start getting some answers about that really surprising twist of events at the end of the first episode,” Julie told us. “That mystery is yet to be solved and she will be a part of putting that together.”
Be sure to tune in tonight at 8pm on the CW to see what all goes down!00Post a Comment