Selena Gomez “A Year Without Rain” vs Luce’s “Buy A Dog”

May 1, 2012

yearrain

Selena Gomez & The Scene could in trouble for their single “A Year Without Rain.”

According to Gossip Cop, the 19-year-old’s song features a chorus that’s “virtually identical” to the band Luce’s 2005 track “Buy A Dog.”

Selena Gomez & the Scene are being sued for a $1 million.

Take a listen to both tracks below. What do you think?

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

67 Responses to “Selena Gomez “A Year Without Rain” vs Luce’s “Buy A Dog””

1. Lucille Says:

I was able to point out the similarities without even seeing the song… my sister was playing it for me and I first thought Buy a Dog was a parody to A Year Without Rain, since their melody was similar. Even my sister, who is a diehard Selena fan, pointed out the similarities.

2. Everyone Says:

I think that the song ‘Buy a Dog’ is a bit of a dumb song! They should not od sued the Scene. I could see a similarity, but not much. Besides, I have never even heard of LUCE. Is that even a real band? Or is it just some people who tried out on a tv show and just sued them?

3. Johnna Says:

What if THEY stole it from Selena?

• Everyone Says:

they could of!

• Randomocity Says:

Buy a Dog was released in 2005, A Year Without Rain was released in 2010. I’m pretty sure they couldn’t rip off a song made in the future…

• Yep Says:

Randomocity thank you. I’ve listened to Luce since i was like 7, and when I first heard this Selena song i instantly thought back to Luce. Luce came first and yes, Luce is a REAL band and the song isn’t dumb.

4. Johnna Says:

Okay uhm you don’t see some one getting a lawsuit for using the twinkle twinkle little star tune for the ABC’s. And I doubt they stole it from those people. Why would they WANT to steal a tune from such a dumb song?

5. tammy Says:

ok i personally see a lil bit of similarities but with the chorus but beat sounds a lil like hers but dang is this really a band…WOW i think i can do better then that….oh wait please dont try to sue meeeee…hmmmk you wont get anything from me hehehehe!!!!!!

6. Meg Says:

The one that I think they should listen to is Selena Gomez.

7. Alexis Says:

I think the music company better listen more carefully next time because the songs don’t have the same meaning or notes. The chorus’ sound similar but not completely the same. I think $1,000,000 is ridiculous!!!

8. Sarah Says:

I think the melody id identical but not anything other then that.

9. still uhheard Says:

ofcourse peole find selensa song better because they are fans of her. the songs both have the same musical beat. i am not a fan of any. i clearly found the similarity in both songs.

10. Markus Says:

Yeah. There is [A] similarity. But Ninrty PLUS percent of the song is friggin totally diferent and musically WAY better. There are many songs which have similarities but nothing is done! Hardly! But bring in Selena GOMEZ and racist friggin Bigots will attack! These pricks pi ss me off!!! Buy a frickin dog?! REALLY?!!!

11. A billion people Says:

If you listin to the beat and how high or low some parts sound you can hear the similarities. Selena Gomez sang a little higher with a few tweeks. The other guy sang lower and not as dramitic. The music in backround and the lyics were the main things that were different. So what I’m saying is that the beat and tune is the only thing that is alike.

12. Leila Says:

DOES NOT SOUND ANYTHING ALIKE!!!!!!!!!! Selenas was WAYYYY better!!! Makes me mad >:(

• A billion people Says:

If you listin to the beat and how high or low some parts sound you can hear the similarities. Selena Gomez sang alittle higher with a few tweeks. The other guy sang lower and not as dramitic. The music in backround and the lyics were the main things that were different. So what I’m saying is that the beat and tune is the only thing that is alike.