First Look at Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss in ‘The Hunger Games’

May 18, 2011

Jennifer Lawrence We have the first look at Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss in The Hunger Games! Entertainment Weekly just released the photo on the cover of their magazine, and fans are going crazy.  Twitter is blowing up, and both Jennifer Lawrence and Katniss are trending topics right now.

JL says of landing the coveted role, “I knew that as soon as I said yes, my life would change. And I walked around an entire day thinking ‘It’s not too late, I could still go back and do indies, I haven’t said yes yet, it’s not too late.’”

“I love this story,” she says, “and if I had said no, I would regret it every day.”

18 Responses to “First Look at Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss in ‘The Hunger Games’”

1. thg lover Says:

i love jenifer as katniss and jush hutcherson as peeta liam hemsworth for gale is good to. i love th whole cast but what i dont ndertand is that the movies all ready done so PUT IT IN THEATERS !!!!!! cant WAIT

*may the odds be in your favor*

2. Jane Doe Says:

You guys know that she is a fan of the book even before they announced there was going to be a movie right?
    She’s just like us.. she doesn’t want the movie to ruin the book so she’ll be the perfect Katniss..

STOP HATING ON HER!

3. Kristi Says:

Finally! Hunger Games is turning into a movie! Four, to be precise. And ever since I found out about Jennifer Lawrence starring as Katniss, I have been searching the globe for more info on her! She is the perfect Katniss, and the movie has the perfect cast. “May the odds be ever in your favor!”

4. sadie Says:

i think she could make a descent katniss… but her pony tail in the poster is wrong katniss’ hair is longer and her pony tail goes down her back and not over her shoulder.as well her eyes are grey not blue. her age dosen’t really matter (so many actor and actressess play roles of people who aren’t the same age and it turns out fine)i think the make up people are going to do there job and shes going to look right (as long as they fix her hair). on a different note josh hutcherson is not right to play peeta at all he looks to much like him and i think alex pettefer would have been the perfect fit for this movie first of all because he is natually blonde and has naturally wavy hair he has the perfect face to be peeta(meaning he is extremly sexy in a im not trying way). everyone else is a perfect fit and wal well cast. im very excited for this movie to come out :)

5. chasidy Says:

She is four years older than Katniss! I hope she will be a good Katniss….

6. Kat Says:

OH MY GOD my life is complete. i hav waited all my lif efor this movie but im also looking forward to the Maximum Ride movie and i love how jl looks as katniss bring on the Hunger Games!!!!!!!!
    May The Odds Be Ever In Ur Favor!!!!!!

7. maddie Says:

YESSSSSS
    ok, i may like her as katniss, but boyy i look at this photo and THINK katniss!
    and josh will no doubt pull it off anyways, in the way he always does:)
    WEEOWW HUNGER GAEMS<3

8. Stephanie Says:

I think she has the perfect face and intensity :]
    Let the hunger games begin!
    And may the odds be ever in your favor! :)

9. LG Says:

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! still cant imagine josh hutcherson as peeta though..

10. Rhiannon Says:

I think the looks amazing, i think she will play an amazing katniss and that she doesnt look too old, she looks perfect.

11. KP Says:

I THINK the cast and the characters together are awful:)

12. jaquelynne Says:

isent katniss’s hair the book a little longer? and i thin she would look better if she wasnt so tan and had the silver/grey eyes.

13. Laura Says:

She looks too old!! I thought that she was gonna look grest as Katniss, but now I don’t think so. Anyway, I think the worst choice is the actor of Peeta. I like Peeta and I like Josh Hutcherson, but at least physically they’re so DIFFERENT! I really don’t wanna see Josh as a blond. He’s gonna look awful. Ew!

14. Cyncyn Hernandez Says:

she’s so beautiful.. and looks so fierce !! PERFECT.! except for her eyes… they should’ve made it brown..

15. kristen Says:

YAY! She’s beautiful and determined. This is our perfect Katniss!